Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Web According to Google #88: Wave, Buzz, and Mobile

1) Google Wave would be a great way for small groups or committees to collaborate across the county without having to drive to Admin, and Google Buzz would be a great tool for sharing new reference resources or any other resources that might be useful to various staff or librarians at branches across the system. I don't currently use anything that I can think of, but I used to work at a university where I sometimes had conferences via webcam at my desk. That was kind of cool at the time... kind of commonplace now.

2) Google Maps on my phone! I'm always getting lost... I need this. I already have my gmail account synced to my phone. As for the Google Search app, my phone came with a Bing app, so I'm good (not that I ever use it). I really don't see myself using the others too much because I hardly ever use my mobile.

No comments: