Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Web According to Google #86: Calendar and Documents

1) This was my first time using Google Calendar. I think I'd have to play with it some more to decide how much I'd want to use it, but I do like being able to have it send me an e-mail reminder for appointments or special dates. For right now I think I would use it more for personal use than for work, but that could change as I work with it more.

2) While I've been using Google Docs for a while, I did not know it could double as online file storage. I'm glad to have learned that! Like I posted earlier, I've created group accounts with people to team write papers, and that has worked really well, but I think Zoho works fine for that too. Sometimes formatting in Google Docs is a little wonky compared to what I'm used to in Word, but overall the transportability of it is very nice, i.e. you don't have to worry about a computer having compatible software for your document, you just have to be able to get on the internet.

No comments: