Monday, February 23, 2009

Books, Readers and Beyond: #53 Finding Books Online

1) The three closest book stores to the ATA branch are:

1- Books N Boxes Plus (no online presence)
2- Lemstone Parable Christian Store (they are part of a chain of Christian stores that supply books, DVDs, church supplies, Bibles, etc. and are online at www.parable.com/parable)
3- Barnes & Noble(www.bn.com - I think everyone has been there)

2) For this exercise, I used The Devil and Miss Prym by Paulo Coelho. I found it online at www.bn.com for $13.95. I found it FREE as a PDF eBook at our very own HCPL eBranch! (Score one for our team!)

3) For this final part, I read from Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn's Cancer Ward. The three things I really like about eBooks are that I can adjust the font size, the contrast, and the brightness (allowing me to put off getting reading glasses for a little while longer). What I disliked about it are also threefold: it's not as portable (until I can afford a Kindle), scrolling/page-down(ing), and it's harder to flip back a few pages to look up details when I need to refresh my poor, poor memory.

No comments: